Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default getting more data into an excel cell?

When I type too many characters, I can see them when I click in the cell but
they will not show in any view or print. I've tried minimizing the font
size, and that helps some, but does not fix it. I've tried all types of
formatting, alignment, merging cells, and extending the size of the cells
manually. Are there just a minimum number of letters you can type in a cell
and no options to extend/increase it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you tried FormatCells...Wrap Cells?

This is the limit from help

32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the
formula bar.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"ediet" wrote in message
When I type too many characters, I can see them when I click in the cell
but
they will not show in any view or print. I've tried minimizing the font
size, and that helps some, but does not fix it. I've tried all types of
formatting, alignment, merging cells, and extending the size of the cells
manually. Are there just a minimum number of letters you can type in a
cell
and no options to extend/increase it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

There is a limit but you can extend that limiit by inserting cariage returns
(Alt+Enter) in the cell every 4 lines or so. Try that and see if it helps!

HTH
Jean-Guy