Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vix Vix is offline

Default Multiply/ Round by 1000

I have a column which I would like multiply by 1000 within the same column.
Basically this data is used in a vlookup in another sheet, so I cannot move
the data or use a formula.
I was hoping to use a Custom Format.

Example
15 changed to 15000
45 changed to 45000
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Vix

In a cell out of the way enter 1000, then copy it. Now select the range you
want to change and instead of paste, do paste special and then select
multiply, and okay out. Go back and clean up the cell with 1000 in it and
you are done!!!!

Mike Rogers

"Vix" wrote:

I have a column which I would like multiply by 1000 within the same column.
Basically this data is used in a vlookup in another sheet, so I cannot move
the data or use a formula.
I was hoping to use a Custom Format.

Example
15 changed to 15000