Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula going troppo

We have a spreadsheet with the usual numbers to be added (eg:
=SUM(A2:A59)with the total showing in cell A60.The problem we are having is
when we double click in the total cell (A60) the total turns to 0. I have
checked the calculation tab in the tools options and it is set on auto. We
cannot understand when there is a number there eg: $8512.30 and we double
click in the cell to check our formula it changes to $0.00 and the only way
you can get your number back is via the undo button.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nel post
*Lynda* ha scritto:

We have a spreadsheet with the usual numbers to be added (eg:
=SUM(A2:A59)with the total showing in cell A60.The problem we are
having is when we double click in the total cell (A60) the total
turns to 0. I have checked the calculation tab in the tools options
and it is set on auto. We cannot understand when there is a number
there eg: $8512.30 and we double click in the cell to check our
formula it changes to $0.00 and the only way you can get your number
back is via the undo button.

Hi Lynda,

Check if you have an event macro that do the job...

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Franz, this is really weird as out of frustration we closed the spreadsheet
and moved on to something else. When we reopened it the totals were back and
when we double clicked in the total cell the total stayed there and didn't go
to zero. I did check for macros and there are none. Anyway the problem seems
to have corrected itself. Very weird. Thank you for your help.