Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Replacing last 3 characters and adding them to front

Hi,

I had a question I was wondering if anyone could help me with.

I had an excel file with a bunch of numbers... Variable lengths. All
the numbers are in a single column. At the end of the numbers are
always 3 letters. Is there a way to delete those three letters off each
of these numbers and put them at the front of the number instead of at
the end?

For example...

111222457YAA should be converted to YAA111222457

Thanks for any help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In a new column:
=right(a1,3)&left(a1,len(a1)-3)

You can then copy/Paste special... Values

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

wrote:
Hi,

I had a question I was wondering if anyone could help me with.

I had an excel file with a bunch of numbers... Variable lengths. All
the numbers are in a single column. At the end of the numbers are
always 3 letters. Is there a way to delete those three letters off each
of these numbers and put them at the front of the number instead of at
the end?

For example...

111222457YAA should be converted to YAA111222457

Thanks for any help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say your data starts in A1 and goes down. In some empty column, in row 1,
place this formula. Drag that cell down as far as your data goes. Copy all
the occupied cells of that new column. Select A1. Do Edit - PasteSpecial -
Values - OK. Delete the new column. Done. HTH Otto

=RIGHT(A1,3)&LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-3)

oups.com...