Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default automatic date

Hello
I am working with excel 2003 and entered =IF(K4="","",TODAY()) so that
whenever I enter text in K4 the today 's date in A4 appears automatically.
that was last week
Today, I just input another row, and realised once that I finished that all
my dates indicates TODAY's date ie(18/12/06)
What can be done to keep that date from changing to the last date's entry?
thanks
Pascale
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Pascale,

you should copy and paste special values.

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Pascale" escreveu:

Hello
I am working with excel 2003 and entered =IF(K4="","",TODAY()) so that
whenever I enter text in K4 the today 's date in A4 appears automatically.
that was last week
Today, I just input another row, and realised once that I finished that all
my dates indicates TODAY's date ie(18/12/06)
What can be done to keep that date from changing to the last date's entry?
thanks
Pascale

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Pascale

Use Bob's CTRL + ; to enter a static date, or event code to enter a static date
when K4 is populated.

This code will enter the date/time in A1:A10 if corrresponding cell in K1:K10 is
changed. Adjust range to suit.

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("K1:K10")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
If .Value < "" Then
.Offset(0, -10).Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyyy hh:mm:ss")
End If
End With
End If
ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

This is sheet event code.

Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code". Copy/paste the above into that
sheet module.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP