Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default promting a number in cell

I am wanting to create a commision table. The commission is a fixed amount -
I want this amount to populate a column when the name of the client is typed
into a dirrent cell. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Let's say the cell where the customer's name will be entered is A2, and that
you want the commission of $100 to show in G2. In G2 enter
=IF(A2="","",100). This does not give you error checking though! With
better info, you might get a better solution! If somebody enters a 1 in A2,
$100 will appear in G2. It is always best to give detailed info about your
project, when asking for help.
--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman