-   -   drop-down List range define (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122919-drop-down-list-range-define.html)

vassilis

drop-down List range define

Hi
i need some help to define a range of cells that belong into a different
book and a different sheet...
I named an area AA into a AA.xls...and i want to make this area my source
into BB.xls for my drop down list...
Thanks

Don Guillett

drop-down List range define

Define a name in bb.xls mylist that refers to aa.xls!aa. Then list =mylist
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"vassilis" wrote in message
Hi
i need some help to define a range of cells that belong into a different
book and a different sheet...
I named an area AA into a AA.xls...and i want to make this area my source
into BB.xls for my drop down list...
Thanks

Gord Dibben

drop-down List range define

See Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions.

Note that source workbook must be open.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 07:40:01 -0800, vassilis
wrote:

Hi
i need some help to define a range of cells that belong into a different
book and a different sheet...
I named an area AA into a AA.xls...and i want to make this area my source
into BB.xls for my drop down list...
Thanks

vassilis

drop-down List range define

yes but what do i need to write to point at the external defined area ?
i ve tried of c:\aa.xls.aa and doesnt work ....

"vassilis" wrote in message
Hi
i need some help to define a range of cells that belong into a different
book and a different sheet...
I named an area AA into a AA.xls...and i want to make this area my source
into BB.xls for my drop down list...
Thanks

Don Guillett

drop-down List range define

In the bb.xls. editnamedefinename it mylistrefers to =aa.xls!aaenter
datavalidationlist=mylist
As Gord says, aa.xls must be open so you may want to put in your
personal.xls

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software