Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I flip the order of a column? (it is sequintial, so not sor

I want to invert my text so that the bottom is the top and the top is the
bottom. It is not sequential so normal sort is not working.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I like to use a helper column.

Put 1 in the top cell.
put 2 in the second cell.

Select both those cells and drag down the column.

You'll end up with line numbers for each row.

Then select all the range (including that column) and sort that column in
descending order.

You can delete that column when you're done--or use it to reverse the sort, then
delete it.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One more method.

Assume your data is in A1:A30

In B1 enter =INDEX($A$1:$A$30,30-(ROW(A1)-1))

Copy down to B30

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP