Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table question

Hopefully, I can explain this so it makes sense. Once I have created a pivot
table, I would like to make multiple copies of the same table on different
tabs in the same worksheet. I'm looking for custom macro to accpomplish
this.

For example, I have expense detail by department and want to summarize this
information in a pivot table. I want the macro to then create other tables
in individual tabs based on the department. I would then probably copy and
paste each tab to retain the numbers and format. I will be summarizing the
data returned to me and having the sheets in a standard format will help.

--
T Tipsy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

If you make Department a Page field, then from the PT toolbar dropdown,
select Show pages, it will create a separate PT fro you for each
Department.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Terry Tipsy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the response. Now that you mention it I remember seeing this
option. But for the life of me, even with your explanation, I can seem to
find it. I've dropped the department field in the page area but can't find
the option when looking through the 'Pivot Table Wizard' options. Can you
suggest what I might be doing wrong?
--
T Tipsy