Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Step up blank rows

I have a Macro that copies and pastes lines of data from one workbook page to
another (first page is an Active Page for data still being worked on and the
second is a Historical page that archives inactive data). Once a line has
become inactive, I use my Macro and move it to the Historical Page. What I
am left with is a page with gaps that have several blank rows above other
lines of active data.

I'm looking for a way to create a Macro that pulls up all the remaining
lines of data on the Active Page without compromising the original Macro
settings. Since the original Macro is set for certain ranges, most tend to
collapse data and along with that - change the settings of the original lines
(meaning line A1 through D1 would no longer exist if I use a standard Macro
row collapse).

Any thoughts on how this could be done great. I really appreciate all of
the wonderful tips and advice I've gotten from this site in the past.

Thank you so much - Jenny B.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Seems like you could either alter the existing macro to delete the
lines it has copied, or write a "cleanup" macro that deletes blank
lines. If you could post the macro, and explain what you mean by
"compromising the original Macro settings", I'm sure someone could
suggest a viable workaround for you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for answering so promptly. The below Macro is what I use to move
inactive lines from the Active Page to the History Page (Ive set it up to
transfer lines when the below noted cell is edited). Ive shown just 2 lines
of code, but I plan to continue this same format for about 30 lines of data
(the Macro is set in the Active Page). Since this page will also contain
data that will need to remain for a period of time (other rows that wont be
transferred until a later date), I need a way for the remaining rows to €śstep
up€ť multiple times to fill in the blanks created by the transferred data.

Thank you again for your review and appreciate any further thoughts €“ Jenny
B.