Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Autocopy formula without VB

I would like the Following formula: =E6-B6 (located in cell H6) to autofill
in column H once data is entered in cells E7, B7, E8, B8, etc. Can I do this
without VB? If not, how do I do in VB? I've noticed sometimes it does it and
sometimes it doesn't within different spreadsheets. Not sure if it is a
setting within tool\options or has to be VB. Appreciate assistance given.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

If you have XL2003 there is an option DataListCreate List
which will allow you to set up a table.
With this invoked, any formulae you have set up in the first row of data
will automatically be extended as you add data values to subsequent
rows.

If you are using a version earlier than XL2003, you could have formulae
going down column H as
=IF(B6="","",E6-B6)
and copied down

No values will show in column H until there is a value entered in column

Regards

Roger Govier