Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I type text and have a formula in the same cell?

Is it in any way posible? Either with 'text'=formula or in any wy like that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not quite sure what you are trying to do. If you simply want to display the
formula as text (without the formula being active) then simply preceed it
with an apostrophe. Its not possible to have text and a formula result in the
same cell unless you first convert the formula result into text and then
concatenate it with the main text.

Is it in any way posible? Either with 'text'=formula or in any wy like that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Mads Beier" wrote:

Is it in any way posible? Either with 'text'=formula or in any wy like that?

Say distance is in B1 (eg 10) and time is in C1(eg 2), then in the cell
that you are wanting to display speed you could have...

="Speed = " & B1/C1

Then in that cell you should see...

Speed = 5

Ken Johnson