Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help Making Diff CHarts have same Size and Loc on page

I have been tasked with putting together several charts to be printed in a
report... I have 3 woorksheets in a book and each woorksheet contains 3
charts. I would like to be able to print them so that they are all located
in the same place on the page and therefore will be appealing when flipping
through the report. I finally removed "scale" from the fonts and this
appears to have helped stop the fonts from constantly adjusting their size,
but I still need the legend to remain in the same position and also for the
"plot area" to be ecactly the same form chart to chart.. as well as the "plot
area" position within the chart. If I could use guides this would be alot
easier!
Any suggestions?

thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This still won't be perfect, because the legend position depends on legend
entry length and number of series, and the plot area rectangle size depends
on length of axis labels. But you can align the outline of an object (such
as a chart) with the cell boundaries if you hold ALT while moving and
resizing the object. Make sure the column widths are consistent from sheet
to sheet, then make your modifications.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Will" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the reply... I am able to get the chart and its border to stay int
he same location on each page but its the objects within the charts that cove
or are not consistantly located in the same place... Is there a format
painter for charts that will allow be to rezize the plot area to the same dim
in all charts? What about putting these charts in another program? any
suggestions?

"Will" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As a format painter you can use Copy - Paste Special, Formats option. This
does funny stuff like changing the axis and chart title text to the text of
the copied chart's titles. Also, the part of the plot area that is resizable
is the outermost rectangle, which included margins for axis labels, and
these margins change based on tick mark text.

I just remembered an old utility on my web site which may help you with
resizing the charts and inner plot areas:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/Al...Dimensions.zip

- Jon
-------