Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hmm hmm is offline

Default Superscripted exponents

I would like to display superscripted exponents in my charts and tables, as
they appear in texts, instead of the computerese "1E+00" notation.

Does anyone know how? I use Excel 2000.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Please provide a sample of your data that would be superscripted.

Copy and paste some, don't attach a file.

There are ways to do what you want, either manually or by code.

ALT + 0178(entered on numpad) will give you qwerty²

Or 12345²

ALT + 0179 returns qwerty³

Alternative is to manually edit the desired number as superscript in the cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 00:53:01 -0800, hmm wrote:

I would like to display superscripted exponents in my charts and tables, as
they appear in texts, instead of the computerese "1E+00" notation.

Does anyone know how? I use Excel 2000.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Numbers like '1E+00' are numbers expressed in scientific notation and pre-date computers - so nothing to do with "computerese".

In an Excel cell, you can only superscript part or all of a text string, or *all* of a number entered into that cell.
In an Excel textbox, you can superscript part or all of a text string or part or all of a number entered into that textbox.
You cannot superscript just a part of anything returned by a formula (i.e. either a number or a string), whether in a cell or a
textbox.

Cheers

--
macropod