Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel

I am setting up a spread shift that will have a different total everytime
someone adds a new line how can i set the cell up to show that different total
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

An easy way is to put the sumformula at the top...

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"danny boahn" wrote in message
I am setting up a spread shift that will have a different total everytime
someone adds a new line how can i set the cell up to show that different
total

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My thought also. Danny, put your SUM() formula at the top, be careful - you
can't reference the cell itself (circular reference). But lets say the total
is from cells in column C, then in C1 you could put =SUM(C2:C65536) and be
done with it.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

An easy way is to put the sumformula at the top...

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"danny boahn" wrote in message
I am setting up a spread shift that will have a different total everytime
someone adds a new line how can i set the cell up to show that different
total

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Danny

Another method if you wish to keep the SUM formula below your data and inserted
rows.

Assuming numbers in A1:A5

Enter this in A6 =SUM(A1:INDEX(A:A,ROW()-1))

As you insert new rows above A6 and enter new numbers, the SUM formula will
include them.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Don Guillett" wrote:

An easy way is to put the sumformula at the top...

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"danny boahn" wrote in message
I am setting up a spread shift that will have a different total everytime
someone adds a new line how can i set the cell up to show that different
total

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I do understand that but I did not explain myself correct before. Let's say
you have data in row 9 that you enter. The totals for that data is totaled in
cell L9,M9,N9. I would like that data to show in L15,M15,N15. But when data
is entered in row 10 and totaled in cells L10,M10,N10 that data will appear
in cells L15,M15,N15.

Hope you can help

"Don Guillett" wrote:

An easy way is to put the sumformula at the top...

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"danny boahn" wrote in message
I am setting up a spread shift that will have a different total everytime
someone adds a new line how can i set the cell up to show that different
total

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unless I'm missing something here, I see that you have a bunch of numbers in
perhaps rows 1 through 14 and you want the total of all in them to show up in
row 15. People aren't actually inserting new rows to enter more numbers.

This should be an easy one. In L15 put
=SUM(L1:L14)
or change the L1 to the first cell that has a number to be added into it.
You can then either fill to the right into columns M and N to get the other
formulas, or manually enter them:
M15: =SUM(M1:M14)
N15: =SUM(N1:N14)

Hope we're closer now.