Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Table equations...

I have a column of wattages and a row of impedances (ohms). I want to
calculate the volts from this table of information without having to type in
each cell's formula. I tried copy and paste, but the equation changes part of
itself to the column/row before it and not the row/column I want it to use.

=SQRT(A2*B1) I want the A2 to stay the same in that row as I go across the
columns but the B increment. Ie. C2, D2, E2, etc.

Like wise when I increment down the page, I want the B1 to stay the same but
have the B2 increment. Ie, B3, B4, B5, etc.

This expands to I34.

Solution?
--
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Promote hydrogen - one of the best "clean" fuels there are!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this baby out - =SQRT($A2*B$1) - and copy down/across

The $ sign represents an absolute reference, so it won't change the
column reference for A when copying down (although it will change the
row) vice versa for copying the rows across.

Likewise, when $A$1 is copied down or across, the cell reference will
never change relative to it's position, it's an absolute absolute
reference.

So there's your absolute lesson

cheers
Tony