Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kim Kim is offline

Default Charts in Excel - please help.

Hi everyone,

I have an Excel spreadsheet with a bunch of charts that I present to a
group of people each week.

Currently, I have all the charts on one sheet and just page down from
one to the next before giving my little speech on each.

My problem is that I constantly seem to be altering row heights and
such to make each chart fill the whole page so that paging down flicks
from one complete chart to the next.

My question is, is there a better way to present a sequence of charts
within Excel so clicking one button goes from one to the next? I don't
want to move the charts to powerpoint.

I did think that maybe detaching each chart from the workbook so that
they effectively float above the rows and don't change dimensions when
the row heights change, but I'm not sure how that might be done.

What are my options?

Thanks a lot guys for any help.

Kim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I can think of a couple of quick solutions --

One is you could put each chart in a seperate worksheet within your workbook
and you could click across the tabs to each one.

If your charts are always the same, or you don't mind soing some copying and
pasting when they do change --- you can copy them out of Excel and into a
word or powerpoint document and then page through them that way.

Eric

"Kim" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kim Kim is offline

Thanks Eric but it's not really what I'm after.

Are there any other options?

"Kim" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Slight variation on Eric's suggestion. Change the location of each chart to
its own chart sheet (not worksheet) and size each chart to the window. Tools
menu Options Chart tab, check Chart Sizes with Window Frame checkbox.
Use CTRL with Page Up and Page Down to switch sheets.

I understand that you want the charts on a single worksheet, but the above
will be more reliable as monitor settings may change.

A (somewhat sloppy) single worksheet option, for the case in which all
that's on the worksheet is the charts, would be to make the rows as tall as
possible (limited to 409.5 points) and the columns as wide as will fit on
screen, then size each chart to a single cell. You could futz with the zoom
so the row height is about as tall as the useful window height, although
zooms other than 100% may have strange effects on charts. Scrolling down
will always go to the next chart (the next row), at least as long as the row
height is more than half the useful window height.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions