Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using Excel VBA to manage outlook attachments 2003

I found the enclosed code to save attachments from a specific folder within
Outlook into s specific folder, however, when I run the macro in Excel 2003
it does not like the code created. Is there anything specific within the
coding that needs to be changed?

Thanks
Zarmina

--------------------------------
Sub GetAttachments()
' This Outlook macro checks a the Outlook Inbox for messages
' with attached files (of any type) and saves them to disk.
' NOTE: make sure the specified save folder exists before
' running the macro.
On Error GoTo GetAttachments_err
' Declare variables
Dim ns As NameSpace
Dim Inbox As MAPIFolder
Dim Item As Object
Dim Atmt As Attachment
Dim FileName As String
Dim i As Integer
Set ns = GetNamespace("MAPI")
Set Inbox = ns.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox)
i = 0
' Check Inbox for messages and exit of none found
If Inbox.Items.Count = 0 Then
MsgBox "There are no messages in the Inbox.", vbInformation, _
"Nothing Found"
Exit Sub
End If
' Check each message for attachments
For Each Item In Inbox.Items
' Save any attachments found
For Each Atmt In Item.Attachments
' This path must exist! Change folder name as necessary.
FileName = "C:\Email Attachments\" & Atmt.FileName
Atmt.SaveAsFile FileName
i = i + 1
Next Atmt
Next Item
' Show summary message
If i 0 Then
MsgBox "I found " & i & " attached files." _
& vbCrLf & "I have saved them into the C:\Email Attachments folder." _
& vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Have a nice day.", vbInformation, "Finished!"
Else
MsgBox "I didn't find any attached files in your mail.",
vbInformation, "Finished!"
End If
' Clear memory
GetAttachments_exit:
Set Atmt = Nothing
Set Item = Nothing
Set ns = Nothing
Exit Sub
' Handle errors
GetAttachments_err:
MsgBox "An unexpected error has occurred." _
& vbCrLf & "Please note and report the following information." _
& vbCrLf & "Macro Name: GetAttachments" _
& vbCrLf & "Error Number: " & Err.Number _
& vbCrLf & "Error Description: " & Err.Description _
, vbCritical, "Error!"
Resume GetAttachments_exit
End Sub

Sub SaveAttachmentsToFolder()
' This Outlook macro checks a named subfolder in the Outlook Inbox
' (here the "Sales Reports" folder) for messages with attached
' files of a specific type (here file with an "xls" extension)
' and saves them to disk. Saved files are timestamped. The user
' can choose to view the saved files in Windows Explorer.
' NOTE: make sure the specified subfolder and save folder exist
' before running the macro.
On Error GoTo SaveAttachmentsToFolder_err
' Declare variables
Dim ns As NameSpace
Dim Inbox As MAPIFolder
Dim SubFolder As MAPIFolder
Dim Item As Object
Dim Atmt As Attachment
Dim FileName As String
Dim i As Integer
Dim varResponse As VbMsgBoxResult
Set ns = GetNamespace("MAPI")
Set Inbox = ns.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox)
Set SubFolder = Inbox.Folders("Sales Reports") ' Enter correct subfolder
name.
i = 0
' Check subfolder for messages and exit of none found
If SubFolder.Items.Count = 0 Then
MsgBox "There are no messages in the Sales Reports folder.",
vbInformation, _
"Nothing Found"
Exit Sub
End If
' Check each message for attachments
For Each Item In SubFolder.Items
For Each Atmt In Item.Attachments
' Check filename of each attachment and save if it has "xls" extension
If Right(Atmt.FileName, 3) = "xls" Then
' This path must exist! Change folder name as necessary.
FileName = "C:\Email Attachments\" & _
Format(Item.CreationTime, "yyyymmdd_hhnnss_") &
Atmt.FileName
Atmt.SaveAsFile FileName
i = i + 1
End If
Next Atmt
Next Item
' Show summary message
If i 0 Then
varResponse = MsgBox("I found " & i & " attached files." _
& vbCrLf & "I have saved them into the C:\Email Attachments folder." _
& vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Would you like to view the files now?" _
, vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Finished!")
' Open Windows Explorer to display saved files if user chooses
If varResponse = vbYes Then
Shell "Explorer.exe /e,C:\Email Attachments", vbNormalFocus
End If
Else
MsgBox "I didn't find any attached files in your mail.",
vbInformation, "Finished!"
End If
' Clear memory
SaveAttachmentsToFolder_exit:
Set Atmt = Nothing
Set Item = Nothing
Set ns = Nothing
Exit Sub
' Handle Errors
SaveAttachmentsToFolder_err:
MsgBox "An unexpected error has occurred." _
& vbCrLf & "Please note and report the following information." _
& vbCrLf & "Macro Name: GetAttachments" _
& vbCrLf & "Error Number: " & Err.Number _
& vbCrLf & "Error Description: " & Err.Description _
, vbCritical, "Error!"
Resume SaveAttachmentsToFolder_exit