Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002-SP3 keeps trying to open deleted workbooks

Using Excel 2002-SP3 I had created two workbooks that I used every time I
opened Excel. I created a 'resume' file in XLStart folder, that I used to
open these workbooks. Now, being finished with them, I zipped and moved them.
I deleted the "resume" file I used to open them. Now each time I launch
Excel, it trys to open the missing files. If I start Excel by selecting a
different worksheet, it still trys to open the missing files first. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tracker

One or a few things to check. Excel has two €śstart Up Folders€ť you deleted
the file from the folder but have you told Excel not to look for the file.
Under Tools / Options click on the General tab clear everything from the €śAt
start up€ť file listed.

Try deleting the €śBook1.xls€ť file wherever it is in the default file location.

If you were using auto recovery clear the file location under the Save tab
in Options.

There is one other option but it will take some VB work on your part, try
these fixes first and if none work let me know and Ill walk you through an
Excel programming guide as you nay have told Excel to open some files within
the Excel programming, (But I dont think so), try the other options first
and let me know.

Good Luck
Dan
Please rate this response, thank you!