Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can you add the Add-ins permently?

I have couple of Add-ins that I have inserted in the Excel sheet, every time
I open Excel it looks for the Add-ins, if the Add-ins is not there, it will
give you a message that it can't find them. Is there anyway that I can embed
the Add-ins inside Excel permanently so it will always be there without
having the add-ins files?

Thank you for your answer in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You should be able to use:
Tools|addins to install those addins.

Another option is to put the addin in your XLStart folder.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you Dave, I have done so, the problem is that I always have to have
the Add-ins file available on my hard drive, otherwise if I delete the
add-ins it will giving me a message c:\...xla is not found when I first
start Excel sheet.
What can I do?

Sam Sebaihi Faculty Western International University Associate Programs
(alternate "Dave Peterson"

SAM SEBAIHI wrote:

I have couple of Add-ins that I have inserted in the Excel sheet, every
time
I open Excel it looks for the Add-ins, if the Add-ins is not there, it
will
give you a message that it can't find them. Is there anyway that I can
embed
the Add-ins inside Excel permanently so it will always be there without
having the add-ins files?

Thank you for your answer in advance

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sam

Don't delete the add-ins from your hard drive.

Why would you want to delete them if you want them to load with Excel?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

SAM SEBAIHI wrote:

I have couple of Add-ins that I have inserted in the Excel sheet, every
time
I open Excel it looks for the Add-ins, if the Add-ins is not there, it
will
give you a message that it can't find them. Is there anyway that I can
embed
the Add-ins inside Excel permanently so it will always be there without
having the add-ins files?

Thank you for your answer in advance

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gord,

Everytime I take a copy of my spreadsheet from home to work, I have to carry
the Add-ins with it. That is why I want to find out if there is a way of
doing so.
Thank you Gord for your great help and responses

SAM SEBAIHI wrote:

I have couple of Add-ins that I have inserted in the Excel sheet, every
time
I open Excel it looks for the Add-ins, if the Add-ins is not there, it
will
give you a message that it can't find them. Is there anyway that I can
embed
the Add-ins inside Excel permanently so it will always be there without
having the add-ins files?

Thank you for your answer in advance

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Add-ins are like browser or other app plug-ins, they are a way for
third-parties to extend the functionality of the product. Unfortunately that
just means that you have to have them on any machine that you want to have
this functionality, just as you need the plugins. How many machines have you
installed the Macromedia Flash plugin on? Same with Add-ins.

--
---
HTH

Bob