Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel protection

Can anyone help me out with an excel protection problem. I have a macro that
enters a number into a cell when a check box is clicked, however, the macro
doesn't work when I place protection on this cell.

Is there any way around this? I need to protect the cell , but I also need
the macro to work.

any help would be appreciated.

timmulla
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are a couple of ways to do this

This protects the sheet from the actions of the users but not from macros.
The assumption here is that you will be applying the protection via code...
Sheet1.protect UserInterfaceonly:= True

or Unprotect... do your stuff... re-protect
Sheet1.Unprotect
'your code here
Sheet1.Protect
--