Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Error - No more new fonts in this workbook

I have a fairly large workbook. I want to simply copy one spreadsheet to
another tab. I get an error message that says "No more new fonts may be
applied to this workbook". Then the error message sign itself cannot be "X"'d
out. I have to control/alt/delete. What should I do? Please help!
James A
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You've probably hit a limit as to the number of fonts that can be displayed
in a single workbook.

Best to keep workbooks to a few fonts.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"James A" wrote:

I have a fairly large workbook. I want to simply copy one spreadsheet to
another tab. I get an error message that says "No more new fonts may be
applied to this workbook". Then the error message sign itself cannot be "X"'d
out. I have to control/alt/delete. What should I do? Please help!
James A

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As a first step, I would save the file under a different name, close XL
completely, re-open the new file, and see if you still get the error.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"James A" wrote:

I have a fairly large workbook. I want to simply copy one spreadsheet to
another tab. I get an error message that says "No more new fonts may be
applied to this workbook". Then the error message sign itself cannot be "X"'d
out. I have to control/alt/delete. What should I do? Please help!
James A

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

James

Have a peek at this KB Article on the subject.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/215573/en-us

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP