Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default NOW

I have a formula at B1 as this =IF(A1,NOW(),"") in order to get the actual
date and time, but ever time that I open my spread sheet this date and time
change to the current date and time. How can I add the current date and time
and keep this date lock?
--
Fernando
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can type it in yourself--or you could use a macro that puts the time/date in
the cell.

J.E. McGimpsey shows a way to put a time stamp on the same row when something
changes:

Fernando wrote:

I have a formula at B1 as this =IF(A1,NOW(),"") in order to get the actual
date and time, but ever time that I open my spread sheet this date and time
change to the current date and time. How can I add the current date and time
and keep this date lock?
--
Fernando

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Fernando

You can do the following in two separate cells. I don't know that there's a
way to do both date and time in one cell.

If this is not what you want, the only other way is with VBA. Post back if
you need more. Otto

Ctrl: Time (Ctrl+Shift+Colon)

Ctrl; Date (Ctrl + SemiColon)

"Fernando" wrote in message
I have a formula at B1 as this =IF(A1,NOW(),"") in order to get the actual
date and time, but ever time that I open my spread sheet this date and
time
change to the current date and time. How can I add the current date and
time
and keep this date lock?
--
Fernando

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Fernando

Don't know if this will work for you, but it is a thought. Instead of the
formula in B1 place Data Validation dropdown. This is what I have done for
date and time in the same cell: In A1 use "=Today()" instead of "=Now()" (not
quotes), in B1 goto DVunder allow select "List"under source select A1, if
you do not want any other input into B1 place a check mark on the input
message tab and the error alert tab if it applies. Formate B1 as Date
"3/14/98 1:30 PM". From here if you wanted only the day, month, year, or
time, just format the cell for what you want.

I hope this Helps!

Mike Rogers

"Fernando" wrote in message
I have a formula at B1 as this =IF(A1,NOW(),"") in order to get the actual
date and time, but ever time that I open my spread sheet this date and
time
change to the current date and time. How can I add the current date and
time
and keep this date lock?
--
Fernando

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have my product quote set up that when you push the button for the macro
that puts the discounted price in the right column, it copies the date and
pastes it into another cell. So if yu update the price, it updates the date.

"Fernando" wrote in message
I have a formula at B1 as this =IF(A1,NOW(),"") in order to get the actual
date and time, but ever time that I open my spread sheet this date and
time
change to the current date and time. How can I add the current date and
time
and keep this date lock?
--
Fernando

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Otto

CTRL + ; space CTRL + SHIFT + ; then ENTER puts both in same cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP