Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how can I change input statement to show only stars for password ****

When you enter your password in this line, you can see what you are entering, how can you change the following line so it will only show ******** as a password when you are entering your password??

ans = InputBox("Enter your password", "password")

Thank you for all of you help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The builtin inputboxes won't let you do this.

But you could create a small userform and use the .passwordchar property to hide
that input.

SAM SEBAIHI wrote:

When you enter your password in this line, you can see what you are entering,
how can you change the following line so it will only show ******** as a
password when you are entering your password??

ans = InputBox("Enter your password", "password")

Thank you for all of you help

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB JMB is offline

One way you could approach it is to set up a userform with a textbox for
entering the password. Textboxes have a passwordchar property that allows
you to display an "*" instead of the actual text.

"SAM SEBAIHI" wrote:

When you enter your password in this line, you can see what you are entering, how can you change the following line so it will only show ******** as a password when you are entering your password??

ans = InputBox("Enter your password", "password")

Thank you for all of you help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I didn't know, I will refrain from posting HTML. Thank you.
How can you use .passwordchar property with this ans = InputBox("Enter your
password", "password") I am fairly new in VB.

Please let me know.
Thank you for you help.

SAM SEBAIHI wrote:

When you enter your password in this line, you can see what you are
entering,
how can you change the following line so it will only show ******** as a
password when you are entering your password??

ans = InputBox("Enter your password", "password")

Thank you for all of you help

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Inputbox won't allow this.