Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default if a1=b1=c1=d1....

is it possible to have this type of equation?
=if(a1=b1=c1=d1,"true","false")
I don't want to just find the sum of these cells because there may be other
instances where they do equal a sum, but are not equal to each other.
1 1 1 1 (right)
4 0 0 0 (wrong)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default update file

Can it be possible ?
In a two different excel file if i update one file other one update
automatic.with specify coloums

kindly guide me
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe another option if all cells are numbers:

=DEVSQ(A1:D1)=0

--
HTH :)
Dana DeLouis

"RagDyer" wrote in message
Slightly shorter:

=AND(A1=B1,B1=C1,C1=D1)

RD

"Jshendel" wrote in message
is it possible to have this type of equation?
=if(a1=b1=c1=d1,"true","false")
I don't want to just find the sum of these cells because there may be
other
instances where they do equal a sum, but are not equal to each other.
1 1 1 1 (right)
4 0 0 0 (wrong)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:00:02 -0800, Jshendel
wrote:

is it possible to have this type of equation?
=if(a1=b1=c1=d1,"true","false")
I don't want to just find the sum of these cells because there may be other
instances where they do equal a sum, but are not equal to each other.
1 1 1 1 (right)
4 0 0 0 (wrong)

The array formula:

=SUM(1/COUNTIF(rng,rng))=1

(entered with <ctrl<shift<enter)

will return TRUE if they are all equal, FALSE if they are not, and result in a
DIV/0 error if there are blank cells.

You can test for the DIV/0 error if that is a problem.

rng can be any one dimensional range of cells that does not include an entire
column.
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not without a lot of work to create a macro--and lots can be changed that would
be difficult to foresee (in my opinion).

I always try to keep my data in one location.

Basant wrote:

Can it be possible ?
In a two different excel file if i update one file other one update
automatic.with specify coloums

kindly guide me

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=DEVSQ(A1:D1)=0

Now that's thinking outside the box. Very nice.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Dana DeLouis" wrote in message
Maybe another option if all cells are numbers:

=DEVSQ(A1:D1)=0

--
HTH :)
Dana DeLouis
Windows XP & Office 2003

"RagDyer" wrote in message
Slightly shorter:

=AND(A1=B1,B1=C1,C1=D1)

RD

"Jshendel" wrote in message
is it possible to have this type of equation?
=if(a1=b1=c1=d1,"true","false")
I don't want to just find the sum of these cells because there may be
other
instances where they do equal a sum, but are not equal to each other.
1 1 1 1 (right)
4 0 0 0 (wrong)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi. Thanks Chip! Another version might be the following:

=COUNTIF(A1:D1,A1)=4

The advantage here is that it will test for equality among text also.
A blank cell mixed in will also trigger False.
One catch with COUNTIF is that it will trigger False if all are blank.
--
Dana DeLouis

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
=DEVSQ(A1:D1)=0

Now that's thinking outside the box. Very nice.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email address is on the web site)

"Dana DeLouis" wrote in message
Maybe another option if all cells are numbers:

=DEVSQ(A1:D1)=0

--
HTH :)
Dana DeLouis
Windows XP & Office 2003

"RagDyer" wrote in message
Slightly shorter:

=AND(A1=B1,B1=C1,C1=D1)

RD

Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
!

"Jshendel" wrote in message
is it possible to have this type of equation?
=if(a1=b1=c1=d1,"true","false")
I don't want to just find the sum of these cells because there may
be
other
instances where they do equal a sum, but are not equal to each
other.
1 1 1 1 (right)
4 0 0 0 (wrong)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dana

The slight problem with the DEVSQ method, is also that any blank(s) will
also trigger a false True result.

--
Regards

Roger Govier