Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I do a multiple IF

How do I automatically enter the data on condition of another cell:
If type 1 then old NO
If type 2 then New NO
If type 3 then New NO
If type 4 Then Old NO

where New No Column a
and Old NO column B
Type is Column C
date req in column d

mUCH APPRICATIED IF ANYONE CAN HELP WITH FORMULAR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not clear on what you want, but the syntax for nested IF statements is
the following:

=IF(A,B,IF(C,D,IF(E,F,G)))
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Sean" wrote:

How do I automatically enter the data on condition of another cell:
If type 1 then old NO
If type 2 then New NO
If type 3 then New NO
If type 4 Then Old NO

where New No Column a
and Old NO column B
Type is Column C
date req in column d

mUCH APPRICATIED IF ANYONE CAN HELP WITH FORMULAR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

??
=if(or(a2=1,a2=4),"Old","New")
or
=if(or(a2=1,a2=4),"Old",if(or(a2=2,a2=3),"New","") )

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software