Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Wrapped Text Not Visible - Usual solutions don't work

For some reason, my Excel 2003 will not display wrapped text. It is not
caused by the autofit being off or the row height being too small. It is
also not the bottom only that is not visible. The entire text is not visible
for any cell with wrap text on.

For example, if I type "Test Test Test" in a cell of width not sufficient
for all to be displayed, then change the format for this cell by checking
wrap text, the text does not appear in the cell, although it does appear in
the function bar.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think I've read posts from others who use multiple monitors that this has
happened to them. Do you use multiple monitors?

Can you remove one to test it?

mbrambley wrote:

For some reason, my Excel 2003 will not display wrapped text. It is not
caused by the autofit being off or the row height being too small. It is
also not the bottom only that is not visible. The entire text is not visible
for any cell with wrap text on.

For example, if I type "Test Test Test" in a cell of width not sufficient
for all to be displayed, then change the format for this cell by checking
wrap text, the text does not appear in the cell, although it does appear in
the function bar.

Any suggestions?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have the same problem as mbrambley and run two monitors. I removed one as
you suggested and it didn't make a difference... turn on text wrap and the
cell contents won't display. Turn off text wrap and the cell content is
displayed. Any other ideas?

mbrambley wrote:

For some reason, my Excel 2003 will not display wrapped text. It is not
caused by the autofit being off or the row height being too small. It is
also not the bottom only that is not visible. The entire text is not visible
for any cell with wrap text on.

For example, if I type "Test Test Test" in a cell of width not sufficient
for all to be displayed, then change the format for this cell by checking
wrap text, the text does not appear in the cell, although it does appear in
the function bar.

Any suggestions?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

mbrambley wrote:

For some reason, my Excel 2003 will not display wrapped text. It is not
caused by the autofit being off or the row height being too small. It is
also not the bottom only that is not visible. The entire text is not visible
for any cell with wrap text on.

For example, if I type "Test Test Test" in a cell of width not sufficient
for all to be displayed, then change the format for this cell by checking
wrap text, the text does not appear in the cell, although it does appear in
the function bar.

Any suggestions?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave,

Yes, I have multiple montiors. I turned off and disconnected the second
monitor and tested Excel. No difference. The problem still persists, just
as pfrankland describes.

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't have any other guesses. I don't use multiple monitors, so it's
difficult for me to test <bg.

But you may want to search google looking for posts like yours.

This found 6 hits:
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?as...roup= *excel*

And this found some more, too:

mbrambley wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

mbrambley wrote:

[...]

Thank you very much!

I found the solution on the first hit of the first Google search you listed.
I have searched Google ealier but probably didn't search the right terms.

The sucssesful solution was posted by Techie68 on the Google Groups topic
microsoft.public.excel.misc. The URL is
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...507cdb599f36f0.

Thanks again. I hope others find this useful. My Excel word wrapping works
once again.

Mike