Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Reorgainizing Data

In my spreadsheet I have a column that list many names. The format is:
first name <space last name. I want to reformat the data into a new cell,
but this time it needs to be: last name, first name.

Is there a easy way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob Rob is offline

One way....

Highlight the cells in the column and go to DataText to columns and follow
the procedures. This will put the first name in one column and the last name
in the next column. It's always good to keep such data in separate columns
so that it aids searches, and other data manipulation, but if you must have
the first and last in one column, then do the following as well.
If the first name data is now in column B and the last name in column C use
this formula to combine as Last space First.
=C1 &" "&B1 and copy this down the required rows.

Rob