Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Bar Charts using data from =sum

Hi

I have created a Bar chart using data imported from another page, my problem
is when I have no data in the cell the bar chart shows a Zero is there any
way I can stop this happening

Regards

Kev

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I want it to show nothing on the graph

"bj" wrote:

what do you want it to show?

"Bar chart shows Zero's" wrote:

Hi

I have created a Bar chart using data imported from another page, my problem
is when I have no data in the cell the bar chart shows a Zero is there any
way I can stop this happening

Regards

Kev

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have a look at Jon Peltier's advice at this google search thread.

http://snipurl.com/14ik0

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 13:32:01 -0800, Bar chart shows Zero''s
wrote:

I want it to show nothing on the graph

"bj" wrote:

what do you want it to show?

"Bar chart shows Zero's" wrote:

Hi

I have created a Bar chart using data imported from another page, my problem
is when I have no data in the cell the bar chart shows a Zero is there any
way I can stop this happening

Regards

Kev

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

Does your X-Axis cross at zero?
anything except a true blank cell will show as a zero

one thing I have done in this case is set up a secondary data set to graph
from with something like
=if(data cell = "", X axis cross value, data cell)

"Bar chart shows Zero''s" wrote:

I want it to show nothing on the graph

"bj" wrote:

what do you want it to show?

"Bar chart shows Zero's" wrote:

Hi

I have created a Bar chart using data imported from another page, my problem
is when I have no data in the cell the bar chart shows a Zero is there any
way I can stop this happening

Regards

Kev

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Change your formula to this:

=IF(Sheet2!A1+Sheet2!A2=0,"",Sheet2!A1+Sheet2!A2)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions