Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula Question

I am trying to copy some formulas from one workbook to another one. But when
I cut and paste, I only get the value of the old workbook. I need the formula
to be transfered and give me the new values.

Can someone help me?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Without more information I am going to have to make a guess here but I would
say that you probably have 2 instances of Excel running at the same time andy
you are copying and pasting between them... Close the workbook where you
would like to paste the formulas and close that instance of Excel. Re-open
the book by choosing File - Open in the instance of Excel that has the book
you are copying from... Now when you copy and paste you should get the
formulas...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"metaltecks" wrote:

I am trying to copy some formulas from one workbook to another one. But when
I cut and paste, I only get the value of the old workbook. I need the formula
to be transfered and give me the new values.

Can someone help me?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Couple of methods.

Copy the formula into the formula bar on target workbook.

If you have many to do select them in source workbook and EditReplace

what: =

with: ^^^^

replace all.

Copy these to the target workbook then reverse the editreplace.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP