Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot table - total sell price

I'm creating a pivot table that summarizes the cell price of various product
groupings. I exported data from another application into a spreadsheet, and
want to use that data to create the pivot table. One of the columns is
titled "Ext Sell" and it has the dollar amount in it for each item. When I
put that column into the data field in the pivot table, it counts the number
of items in each product group, but does not total the ext. sell column. It
indicates that it is counting extended sell. I changed the formula to "sum"
of extended cell, but then all the numbers go to zero. Any suggestions as to
what I might be doing wrong?

KK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

It sounds as though the data is Text not numeric and that the "$" has
been typed in rather than the cell having a $ currency format.

In your source table, assuming the amount is in column A, enter in a
spare column
=--(Mid(A12,2,255)
and copy down.
Now copy that range of cells, move cursor to cell A2 and Paste
SpecialValues
Refresh your PT and you should get the Sum showing.

--
Regards

Roger Govier