Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Multiple Names in refers to field of Define Name

Afternoon,

I have got multiple names:
Clear_Old_Data_BVO
Clear_Old_Data_Cleanup
Clear_Old_Data_Dates
Clear_Old_Data_Header
Clear_Old_Data_HR
Clear_Old_Data_Incident

I want to combine all these names under one: Clear_Old_Data

I cannot put all the various cell ranges under Clear_Old_Data, as it only
allows me to select 11 ranges. That is why I created various Names.

Your assistance would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What you want is not clear. You say you have multiple names. Are these
range names or simply entries in cells?
You say you want to "combine" all the names. What do you mean by "combine?
Please post back and provide more detail about what you have and what you
want to have. Remember that no one who reads your post has any knowledge
whatsoever about your business. HTH Otto
"Sunnyskies" wrote in message
Afternoon,

I have got multiple names:
Clear_Old_Data_BVO
Clear_Old_Data_Cleanup
Clear_Old_Data_Dates
Clear_Old_Data_Header
Clear_Old_Data_HR
Clear_Old_Data_Incident

I want to combine all these names under one: Clear_Old_Data

I cannot put all the various cell ranges under Clear_Old_Data, as it only
allows me to select 11 ranges. That is why I created various Names.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Afternoon Otto,

Each range name consists of various cells ie:
Clear_Old_Data_BVO
=IncidentForm!$D$8:$D$10,IncidentForm!$G$8:$G$10,I ncidentForm!$J$8
Clear_Old_Data_Cleanup
=IncidentForm!$D$19,IncidentForm!$G$19,IncidentFor m!$D$21,IncidentForm!$F$21,IncidentForm!$I$21,Inci dentForm!$M$21
Clear_Old_Data_Dates
=IncidentForm!$L$26,IncidentForm!$L$29,IncidentFor m!$L$31,IncidentForm!$L$33
Clear_Old_Data_Header
=IncidentForm!$D$5:$D$6,IncidentForm!$G$5:$G$6,Inc identForm!$J$4:$J$6
Clear_Old_Data_ HR
=IncidentForm!$D$27,IncidentForm!$F$27,IncidentFor m!$I$27,IncidentForm!$K$27
Clear_Old_Data_Incident
=IncidentForm!$D$12:$D$14,IncidentForm!$G$12:$G$14 ,IncidentForm!$J$12:$J$14,IncidentForm!$M$12:$M$14 ,IncidentForm!$D$16,IncidentForm!$G$16,IncidentFor m!$I$16,IncidentForm!$K$16,IncidentForm!$D$17,Inci dentForm!$G$17,IncidentForm!$I$17

Now I would like to have all these cells listed under one umbrella, that
being Clear_Old_Data

I hope that makes some more sense.
"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you try Roger's suggestion:

Create separate ranges for each of the building blocks.

Then insert|Name|define
Names in Workbook: Clear_Old_Data
refers to: =clear_old_data_BVO,clear_old_data_cleanup

(and keep going--just separate each name with a comma)

======
But if you're using this in code, why not just:

range("Clear_Old_Data_BVO").clearcontents
range("Clear_Old_Data_Cleanup").clearcontents
And keep going...

or even

union(range("Clear_Old_Data_bvo"),range("Clear_Old _Data_Cleanup"), _
range(....), range(...), ....).clearcontents

Sunnyskies wrote:

Afternoon,

I have got multiple names:
Clear_Old_Data_BVO
Clear_Old_Data_Cleanup
Clear_Old_Data_Dates
Clear_Old_Data_Header
Clear_Old_Data_HR
Clear_Old_Data_Incident

I want to combine all these names under one: Clear_Old_Data

I cannot put all the various cell ranges under Clear_Old_Data, as it only
allows me to select 11 ranges. That is why I created various Names.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Morning,

Here is how I did it.

With number of characters being the problem (255) I shortened the name from
Clear_Old_Data_..... to C_O_D_..... and then it worked.

Thanks for all your help and assistance.

Cheers