Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Front page 2000 and Excell.

Freinds, I have a list of information in an Excell for items I will sell on
the net. I have used three horizontal Frames in my local FP200 web design.
Excell occupies the middle Frame and has macros to handle clients selections
and orders (I do not need shopping carts or online payments). In Excell it is
all working ok but I thought I better ask you the experts if this is the
right practice and wether my macros would still work once published. Also, do
costumers have to have Excell in order to be able to use my site?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't know if it will work at all as we would need to know far more detail,
but without question users will need Excel on there machine to run any
macros, etc as Excel does not have a runtime engine

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"gbc196" wrote in message
Freinds, I have a list of information in an Excell for items I will sell
on
the net. I have used three horizontal Frames in my local FP200 web design.
Excell occupies the middle Frame and has macros to handle clients
selections
and orders (I do not need shopping carts or online payments). In Excell it
is
all working ok but I thought I better ask you the experts if this is the
right practice and wether my macros would still work once published. Also,
do
costumers have to have Excell in order to be able to use my site?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What about saving the Excell as HTML with interactivity selected? then
reopening it in FP? I have done this and in FP and got Excell opened with a
sort of short Excell menu on top of it. This seems to be ok to me in
FrontPage preview, but while still offline. I surely like to know how this
will work once on the web. Any ideas?

"gbc196" wrote in message
Freinds, I have a list of information in an Excell for items I will sell
on
the net. I have used three horizontal Frames in my local FP200 web design.
Excell occupies the middle Frame and has macros to handle clients
selections
and orders (I do not need shopping carts or online payments). In Excell it
is
all working ok but I thought I better ask you the experts if this is the
right practice and wether my macros would still work once published. Also,
do
costumers have to have Excell in order to be able to use my site?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This uses OWC (Office Web Controls, which is an ActiveX control. Again, the
user must have an Office license to use this.

Plain HTML without interactivity is about the only choice you have for users
with no Excel

--
HTH
Nick Hodge