Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Boxes equal to a value and totalled

I have a spreadsheet that has boxes below text (see example below), when a
box is selected I want a number to correspond with the text (i.e. None = 0)
See below for an example of what I want to do:

Cell A1 - None
Cell A2 - empty box
Cell B1 - Very Mild
Cell B2 - empty box
Cell C1 - Mild
Cell C2 - empty box
Cell D1 - Moderate
Cell D2 - empty box
Cell E1 - Severe
Cell E2 - empty box

If someone checks the box under None it should equal 0; Very Mild should
equal 1, Mild should equal 2, Moderate should equal 3 and Severe should equal
4. In a last cell F2 should be what they selected (i.e. if I select very
mild it will automatically put 1 in that box in F2.)

Does this make sense? If so, how do I accomplish this. I thank you in
advance for your prompt response and assistance.

Rhonda Randolph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Rhonda

try
=SUMPRODUCT((NOT(ISBLANK(A2:E2)))*(COLUMN(A:E)-1))

--
Regards

Roger Govier