Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sumquotient

I have two columns of data. I'd like to sum the quotient of each pair
of values with result in one cell without using any add'l columns, i.e.
A1/B1 + A2/B2 + Ai/Bi.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nel post ups.com
*nickname* ha scritto:

I have two columns of data. I'd like to sum the quotient of each pair
of values with result in one cell without using any add'l columns,
i.e. A1/B1 + A2/B2 + Ai/Bi.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Hi,

try this way:

=SUMPRODUCT(A1:An,(1/(B1:Bn)))

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use =SUM(A1:A15/B1:B15) but enter it as an ARRAY formula by using
CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER rather than just ENTER. Excel will enclose your formula in
curly braces {}
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"nickname" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have two columns of data. I'd like to sum the quotient of each pair
of values with result in one cell without using any add'l columns, i.e.
A1/B1 + A2/B2 + Ai/Bi.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

why not just =SUMPRODUCT(A1:An/B1:Bn) ?
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Franz Verga" wrote in message
Nel post ups.com
*nickname* ha scritto:

I have two columns of data. I'd like to sum the quotient of each pair
of values with result in one cell without using any add'l columns,
i.e. A1/B1 + A2/B2 + Ai/Bi.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Hi,

try this way:

=SUMPRODUCT(A1:An,(1/(B1:Bn)))

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy