Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Art Art is offline

Default Nmaing cell twice

Is there a way to name a range let's say A1:B10 we'll call "team" and A5 I
want to name "coach", is that possible to name the cell even though it is in
a named in a range?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yep. You'll see when you do it. You can actually give a single cell lots of
different names.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sometimes it seems like it didn't work, if you give a cell a name, then give
it another name, sometimes the original name appears in the name box, even
though the cell now answers to both. Also I know sometimes I get moving too
quickly and forget to hit Enter after typing the name in the name box.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

art wrote:

Is there a way to name a range let's say A1:B10 we'll call "team" and
A5 I
want to name "coach", is that possible to name the cell even though it
is in
a named in a range?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select A1:B10 and InsertNameDefine. Name that range "team" and OK your way
out.

Select A5 and name it "coach"

In the namebox you can select either name.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 07:49:00 -0800, art wrote:

Is there a way to name a range let's say A1:B10 we'll call "team" and A5 I
want to name "coach", is that possible to name the cell even though it is in
a named in a range?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Art Art is offline

I found out the problem. I wanted to name a cell with a letter like "c".
Somehow Excel does not let you name a cell with one letter. I don't know why.
Any explanation?

art wrote:

Is there a way to name a range let's say A1:B10 we'll call "team" and
A5 I
want to name "coach", is that possible to name the cell even though it
is in
a named in a range?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Names like c and c1 or c2myname are assumed to be cell addresses and Excel won't
accept these.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP