Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default cell reference and formula

i am trying to put together a football pool sheet. I have 3 sheets so far.
Sheet 1 is called (Results 1,2) Sheet 2 is (Week 1) and Sheet 3 is (Week 2).
I want if c4 week 1 is = to week 1 c3, then I want c3 of my Results 1,2 sheet
to return a number 1 in cell c3. Thanks Karl
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In cell C3 on your Results sheet, enter this formula:

=IF('Week 1'!C4='Week 1'!C3,1,0)

Since you didn't specify what you wanted if C4 didn't equal C3, I just put
0, but you can change that to whatever you need.

HTH,
Elkar

"Karl" wrote:

i am trying to put together a football pool sheet. I have 3 sheets so far.
Sheet 1 is called (Results 1,2) Sheet 2 is (Week 1) and Sheet 3 is (Week 2).
I want if c4 week 1 is = to week 1 c3, then I want c3 of my Results 1,2 sheet
to return a number 1 in cell c3. Thanks Karl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks that worked great. How do i copy it to other cells so it keeps cell c3
as my target cell with the info in it. As I copy it changes and adds a cell
but i always want cell c3 to be the info cell to reference to. Thanks Karl