Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IF BLANK

=IF(G4:K41,"","BLANK")

Above is the formula that I am using but unfortunately it keeps returning a
(#VALUE!) result. With in the (G-K) array there are fomulas that have results
that are blank.

As i copy this formula to each row in columb L some of the cells within the
(G-K)array will have some result of 1 though 6.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"John" wrote:

Try If (sum(G4:K4)1,"","Blank")

John

I think you want to check if the SUM is 0 since the presence of a 1 would
cause it to NOT be blank.

B+
HALinNY
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unforunately that did not work. The result of [If (sum(G4:K4)1,"","Blank")]
is (Blank) for every row.

"John" wrote:

Try If (sum(G4:K4)1,"","Blank")

John

"Johnny" wrote:

=IF(G4:K41,"","BLANK")

Above is the formula that I am using but unfortunately it keeps returning a
(#VALUE!) result. With in the (G-K) array there are fomulas that have results
that are blank.

As i copy this formula to each row in columb L some of the cells within the
(G-K)array will have some result of 1 though 6.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Johnny" wrote:

Unforunately that did not work. The result of [If (sum(G4:K4)1,"","Blank")]
is (Blank) for every row.

"John" wrote:

That's good news, Johnny. You got rid of the #VALUE! errors. You are on
your way to success.

What you need to do now is tell us more about what you are doing. Maybe you
could show us a few rows of your data with actual values.

B+
HALinNY

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Column G:K have VLOOKUPIF formulas in them and in column L I have the [If
(sum(G4:K4)1,"","Blank")] formula that is retuning (Blank) for every row.
Listed below is the column headers plus 3 rows.

G | H | I | J
| K | L
[1]StockRM 01| StockRM 02| StockRM 03| StockRM 04| StockRM 06| ENTERED
[2] |2 |3 | |

[3]1 |2 |3 |4 |
[4] | | | |6
[5] |2 |3 | |

"John" wrote:

That's good news, Johnny. You got rid of the #VALUE! errors. You are on
your way to success.

What you need to do now is tell us more about what you are doing. Maybe you
could show us a few rows of your data with actual values.

B+
HALinNY

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Johnny" wrote:

Column G:K have VLOOKUPIF formulas in them and in column L I have the [If
(sum(G4:K4)1,"","Blank")] formula that is retuning (Blank) for every row.
Listed below is the column headers plus 3 rows.

G | H | I | J
| K | L
[1]StockRM 01| StockRM 02| StockRM 03| StockRM 04| StockRM 06| ENTERED
[2] |2 |3 | |

[3]1 |2 |3 |4 |
[4] | | | |6
[5] |2 |3 | |

I think we have a wording problem here. In the colum L formula, please
change the word "Blank" to "John"

Now all the cells in column L should appear to be empty -- no text -- no
numbers. Is that right?

If that is the case, everything is working fine ... exactly according to
what you programmed into Excel. If this is not what you expected, then
please explain further. Thanks.

B+
HALinNY
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

After I pluged "John" into the formula "John is what appears now. I the array
(G2:K5) the VLOOKUPIF fomula returns a few results. My problem is in column L
i want to have word "BLANK" appear if any row have no figures in them. Base
on the example i provided cell J4 should have the 6 in it. That was a typo
error. Row 4 should be completely blank.