Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Increment Text

I am using Excel 97 which contains some data in the following format
"NN000000N". The N's represent Alpha characters and the 0's represent
numbers. What I want to do is create a formula that will keep all the N's but
increment the numbers by 12. Does anyone know how to do this
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Chris,

For a string in A1:
=LEFT(A1,2)&TEXT(MID(A1,3,6)+12,"000000")&RIGHT(A1 ,1)

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]