Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Tracking values from different sheets

Sir,
I have Three Worksheets of PaintingStock, JewelleryStock and TextileStock.
It have particular
ID No. of particular item.

I report daily to my boss that what is item number sold from the above
mentioned stock and
what was the cost price.

How i can track in one seperate sheet its actual cost price using ID No. of.

All Sheets have columns in this manner

A B C D
ID No. ITem Name Cost Price Sale price

and My Daily Sales report format is in this manner

A B C D
ID No. Name of Item Cost Price Sale Price

I want to track cost price in column C using a formula which u will be
suggest.

thank and regard

RRS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Billy,
Thanks for response. I want to clear you more that
i want to determine value after matching two criteria that is ID No. and
Name of Item in Daily Report. Someone has suggested me this formula but how
to use in which cell.

=SUMIF(INDIRECT(IF(A1=1,"Sheet1",IF(A1=2,"sheet2", "sheet3"))&"!a:a"),
B1,INDIRECT(IF(A1=1,"Sheet1",IF(A1=2,"sheet2","she et3"))&"!C:C"))

Please clear me A1 for what an which range?
a:a for which range

My Daily Report Format is -
A B C D
ID No. Name of Item Cost Price Sale Price
001 Paintings
002 Silver
003 Textile
001 Silver
002 Paintings

I as you know that in every sheet ID No. starts from 001. So ID No. 001 may
be of Painting and may be of Silver or Textile.

I want to determine Cost price from three of sheets. Sheets had renamed that
is "Paintings", "Silver", and "Textiles".

I hope now it is clear to understand my problem.