Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to subtract/add periods in monthly base?

Does anyone know how to subtract/add periods in monthly base? for example,

Dec 2006 [in cell A1] - 3 [in cell B1] months = Sep 2006 [in cell C1]
Dec 2006 [in cell A1] + 2 [in cell B2] months = Feb 2007 [in cell C1]

and ignore to count the numebr of days, because the number of days for each
month is different.
Does anyone have any suggestion?
Thank you
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

I'm assuming that cell A1 contains a true Excel date but is formatted as mmm
yyyy.

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)-3,1)
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+2,1)

Format as mmm yyyy

Biff

"Eric" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to subtract/add periods in monthly base? for example,

Dec 2006 [in cell A1] - 3 [in cell B1] months = Sep 2006 [in cell C1]
Dec 2006 [in cell A1] + 2 [in cell B2] months = Feb 2007 [in cell C1]

and ignore to count the numebr of days, because the number of days for
each
month is different.
Does anyone have any suggestion?
Thank you