Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date by using a symbol

I wanted a cell to automatically put in a date if anything is typed in it...

Example:

if a users puts in a "Y" in A2 .. I want cell A3 to play the date that they
input the "Y"

Is that possible?

Thanks again everyone!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the change event:

If Intersect(Target, Range("A2")) Is Nothing Then
Else
Range("A3").Value = Now

Be sure to put this in worksheet code, not a standard module.
--
Gary's Student