Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula if not Text

Is there a way? Probably, with VBA code. Not with conventional functions.

So the natural question is what code should you use? I'm not sure what that
code would be, however my guess is one of the VBA gurus can come up with
something.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Arun" wrote:

I know this request may be "pie in the sky" thinking, but I thought I would
present it to the incredible mind trust on this forum.

I have a range of cells that calculate values based upon a formula.
Sometimes I want to override the formula and manually enter data. However,
if I ever want to go back I have to copy or insert the formula back in. Is
there any way for a cell to automatically detect when there is a null entry
in an individual cell and in that case place a pre-defined formula in the
cell instead?