-   -   calculating (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/12062-calculating.html)

frank

calculating

I have an EXCEL workbook that for some reason does not
calculate completely. when i hit F9 for it to calculate
it takes a long time and at the bottom of the page the
word "Calculate" does not go away. any ideas?

David McRitchie

Hi Frank,

Calculate is an indication that you have turned Calculation off in
Tools, options, Calculation (Tab), [X] Manual
-- and that you have something that needs to be calculated.

If that is not the problem then try
Ctrl+Alt+F9 which recalculates all cells on all worksheets in all open workbooks.

If you still have a problem show us what your formulas look like,
and an idea of how extensive they are.

--
---
HTH,

"frank" wrote in message ...
I have an EXCEL workbook that for some reason does not
calculate completely. when i hit F9 for it to calculate
it takes a long time and at the bottom of the page the
word "Calculate" does not go away. any ideas?

frank

David,
it is a large file. there a lot of SumProduct formulas.
I have a few of these but this is the only one that still
has the Calculate message at the bottom. I did turn off
the automatic calculation formula because it takes a few
minutes for everything to calculate.

Calculate is an indication that you have turned

Calculation off in
Tools, options, Calculation (Tab), [X] Manual
-- and that you have something that needs to be

calculated.

If that is not the problem then try
Ctrl+Alt+F9 which recalculates all cells on all

worksheets in all open workbooks.

If you still have a problem show us what your formulas

look like,
and an idea of how extensive they are.

--
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed

Nov. 2001]
My Excel Pages:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
Search Page:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm

"frank" wrote in message

I have an EXCEL workbook that for some reason does not
calculate completely. when i hit F9 for it to

calculate
it takes a long time and at the bottom of the page the
word "Calculate" does not go away. any ideas?

.

Dave Peterson

If you have lots and lots of formulas, sometimes the "calculate" doesn't
disappear form the Statusbar.

(Excel does finish calculating, though.)

XL: Calculate Message Remains in Status Bar If 65,536 Formula References

"frank" wrote in message

I have an EXCEL workbook that for some reason does not
calculate completely. when i hit F9 for it to

calculate
it takes a long time and at the bottom of the page the
word "Calculate" does not go away. any ideas?

.

--

Dave Peterson

David McRitchie

Thanks for the link, I don't think I copied it down before
and am adding it to my statusbar.htm document.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/statusbar.htm

"Dave Peterson" wrote..