Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using a Hyperlink with Data Valadation

In my Budget program, I have the first sheet as my Main Menu, and use
hyperlinks to navigate to other sheets and workbooks.

What I did was type the name that I wanted to display and hit Ctrl K. When
the dialog box appears, choose "Bookmark" and then the sheet that you want to
link to. You can even choose what cell you want Excel to go to.

If you want to link to another workbook, follow the above, find the workbook
you want to link to. If you don't care what sheet you open the other workbook
to, simply hit the "Ok", but let's say you want the hyperlink not only open
the other workbook, but load a specific sheet, simply choose that workbook's
"Bookmark."

A couple of things though.

1. You may get the "Hyperlinks can be dangerous" warning. If you only click
on hyperlinks that you or someone else you trust did, you can fix it so Excel
doesn't keep popping up this box.
2. The blasted "Web Toolbar" pops up each time you click on a link that
loads another worksheet. Don't know why and I've read about creating a macro
to stop this. I don't like macros and don't want to lower my security level
for a macro. So, what I did was removed all icons from the Web Toolbar and
moved it to an out of the way location. Should it pop up, it won't interfere
with what I'm doing.

Hope this helps.

"Scott@CW" wrote:

How do I hyperlink a name on a data valadtaion list. I want to the user to
choose a name off of a list then whatever name they choose jumps them to the
appropiate worksheet.