Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Try this...

Actually, the formula in [B1] will drop below the low value if there is a
match. To get what you actually asked for is much simpler:
[B1] VLOOKUP(B2,$A$1,$A$6,1)

"Arun" wrote:

[B1]
=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,A1:A6,0)),VLOOKUP(B2,$A$1:$A$ 6,1),INDEX(A1:A6,MATCH(B2,A1:A6)-1))
[B3] =LOOKUP(B2,$A$1:$A$6,$A$2:$A$7)

Only works when [B2] is between the high and low values.

"Eric" wrote:

Does anyone know how to find following from a list? For example,
Colume A
[A1] 1
[A2] 5
[A3] 9
[A4] 12
[A5] 16
[A6] 28

In Colume B, when I input the value of 7 in cell B2, then 5 will display in
B1 and 9 will display in B2. If I input the value of 16 in cell B2, then 16
will be displayed in B1 and 28 will be displayed in B3.

Colume B
[B1] 5
[B2] 7 input value
[B3] 9

Colume B
[B1] 16
[B2] 16 input value
[B3] 28

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to code it in excel?
Thank for any suggestion
Eric