Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default break up cell text into two cells w text

thanks - got it!
--
Thanks!

"Brad" wrote:

Use the "text to columns" feature found in the data drop down menu

Use field are separated with a ","

"chrissyb" wrote:

Afternoon,

I have a spreadsheet that has town, state all in one cell.
example, new york, ny or atlanta, ga or san francisco, ca .

How do I separate the text into two new cells in two new columns. I'd like
the first cell in the first column to contain town New York and the cell in
the second column to contain state, NY.

Please let me know how to extract data left and right to break these up into
separate town and state columns.

Thank you so much.
Chris
--