Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Removing a "<" symbol for a field in an attempt to end up with a n

I have a table the list the "non-Detectable threshold" of some chemical
during an analysis... for instance there is a water sample that is tested and
the level of Nickel is listed as "<0.10" because that is as sensitive as the
instrument would allow... some levels are true number such as 1.05. Inorder
to complete my stat alalysis I need to used the actual reading (ex. 1.05)
when it exists OR i need to use a reading equiv to half of the detectable
about. So for example when the sensitivity was limited to "<0.10" I need to
use the value "0.05". How can I obtain the "0.05" value and be allowed to
copy it through all the rows???

Do I need to create a pseudo tabel where values entered as text are changed
to number values...

im so over my head... would it be more helpful if I sent an example of the
file? If so let me know how to send it to you