Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default display double quotes in an cell

I have Fname and Lname cells and want a third cell that displays double
quotes around the full name. How do I get the quotes to show?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=""""&A1&" "&B1&""""

--
HTH,
Laura Cook

"rpurosky" wrote in message
I have Fname and Lname cells and want a third cell that displays double
quotes around the full name. How do I get the quotes to show?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

="""&A1&" "&B1&"""

"rpurosky" wrote:

I have Fname and Lname cells and want a third cell that displays double
quotes around the full name. How do I get the quotes to show?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I tried yours, but it didn't work. The cell would actually display verbatim.
Laura Cook's suggestion of four quotes in a row did the trick.

"Teethless mama" wrote:

="""&A1&" "&B1&"""

"rpurosky" wrote:

I have Fname and Lname cells and want a third cell that displays double
quotes around the full name. How do I get the quotes to show?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One mo

=char(34) & a1 & " " & b1 & char(34)

=char(34)
is a double quote.

rpurosky wrote:

I have Fname and Lname cells and want a third cell that displays double
quotes around the full name. How do I get the quotes to show?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(A2=CHAR(32),"yes","no") through =IF(A2=CHAR(126),"yes","no") '[normal
keyboard characters] works as expected. How do I make it work with CHAR(248)
'[other than normal keyboard characters]?
Lou

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

One mo

=char(34) & a1 & " " & b1 & char(34)

=char(34)
is a double quote.

rpurosky wrote:

I have Fname and Lname cells and want a third cell that displays double
quotes around the full name. How do I get the quotes to show?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Learned a bit since my last post "Alt"248 = °. The same character in excel is
CHAR(176). Why???
I'm so confused
Lou

"Rookie 1st class" wrote:

=IF(A2=CHAR(32),"yes","no") through =IF(A2=CHAR(126),"yes","no") '[normal
keyboard characters] works as expected. How do I make it work with CHAR(248)
'[other than normal keyboard characters]?
Lou

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

One mo

=char(34) & a1 & " " & b1 & char(34)