Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Display common values in first occurrence only

Hi,

I feel sure that there must be a way to do what I want but I can't see
how, not being an Excel expert.

I am using Excel 2003 and have a list of offers made to applicants for
housing. Many applicants have had more than one offer made, having
refused some. I am trying to display the common applicant details on
the first line of their offers only, only displaying offer details on
every line. See simplistic example.

Now:

App Name No of Offer Property Status
No Offers No
1 Mr Jones 3 1 1 High Street REFD
1 Mr Jones 3 2 2 Bank Street REFD
1 Mr Jones 3 3 9 Elm Row ACCT

What I would like but can't work out:

App Name No of Offer Property Status
No Offers No
1 Mr Jones 3 1 1 High Street REFD
2 2 Bank Street REFD
3 9 Elm Row ACCT

I know I could export the lot into Access for reporting but I really
would appreciate it if anyone could help me to do this in Excel without
the extra step.

Thanks.

Joan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Joan

You could do it with Conditional formatting.
Select your first 3 columns of data,
FormatConditional Formattingfrom dropdown select Formula Is =A2=A1
Format select White font.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"JoanE" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks a million for that Roger, it worked a treat. I was too busy
looking for reporting group features that I never even thought of the
simple solution.

Cheers,

Joan